Sunday, April 25, 2010

RIP GOODFOOT









Most of you know that one of our beloved sneaker stores Goodfoot has closed for other business endeavors. Now I know this has been closed for a couple of months now so I guess it has settled in and people are getting used to the idea that one of the cities gems has shut down. I know that the sneakerhead look right now is being looked at as a young boys game and a lot of former heads have turned in those infa-red 90s for Sperry Topsiders and Red Wings. Which is not a bad look either,but i mean some days when the weather is right there's nothing like hitting the block with a fresh pair of sneakers on. I also didn't realize how much the trusty ole GDFT meant to me until the other night when I was about 6 Rum & Cokes deep and ran into one of my boys on the subway,and we had this discussion about the closure of one of our favourites spots crushed us. There's more to GoodFoot than just kicks its kinda like a secret club that you are apart of.So when you someone walking down the street with that all black everything bag you know where they just made a purchase or when you were outta town and rocking a G' Fitted and people saw you then knew you were probably from Toronto. So that G' fitted was kinda like our Canuck version of a Yankee Fitted. So all I'm saying is that Goodfoot was more than a dope spot to get exclusies it was a lifestyle,and a place where T-Dot representers could call our own...
So all and all GoodFoot you will truly be missed.

Keep Fresh And Have Fun
-Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment